Monday, June 16, 2008

Nuns; a rare kind!

I am so fascinated by nuns, in Sweden one of the most atheistic countries in the world (thank god for that!) we are not spoiled with nuns. Even though I'm not a big fan of religion, and all the hazzle it makes (against abortion, against homosexuals, against psychology, loves double standards) I love the nuns. For me it is one of the most exotic things in Poland.
Now I have even noticed that they have different kind of clothes, brown, grey, black. If i were a nun, I would definitely chose the convent who have black dresses and a purple rope around their waist, it just matches so perfectly.
Since they are so exotic for me I'm always surprised when i see them do ordinary things, like going to IKEA, talking in their cell-phone or being at a shopping mall. I tried to capture some of them here.

Nuns on IKEA
Nun at the busstop
Nuns at Arkadia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you go to Ikea ? are you homesick ? :D

A.T. said...

IKEA is like home away from home :)