Thursday, July 31, 2008

I want to stay naive

I'm at my job with nothing much to do so I thought to my self, why not write a post...and why not writing about something that has to do somehow with my work. Makes me feel like I'm kind of doing something useful instead of just sitting here and eating grapes.

I didn't think I was that naive, in fact some people have said that I am too cynical for my own good, but here at my job I'm constantly reminded of how naive I am.
I am working with drug addicts, and today a client and I was talking about this and that. He said that his main drug was crack, to be honest I didn't really know what it was so I had to look it up on wikipedia- thank you wikipedia (or wicki as one of my colleges call it) for excisting!
Outside our house are some kids, they are around 13-14 years old. We talked to our clients about them, if they knew who they were, and they told us that they are drug dealers trying to sell drugs...13! I hadn't even got drunk for the first time then!!!
Watching shows from Hollywood I actually think that what happens in the States stays there, but apparently not, stories are told about kids with blank eyes getting high on heroin in my neighborhood, where did youth go??
I didn't think i had to go cynical in this area as well...

Written under the influence of Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge

3 comments:

m said...

It is not so bad in Sweden. I have seen worst stuff in America... I mean in American tv shows :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. I do not understand whose website is this? Anyway, I fell in love with sweden once and for all, when I saw this special about this healthy Godly farm family in sweden. I want to find a wife froma farm in sweden. If you know of one, let me know.

A.T. said...

Well Anonymous they are rare, let me tell you! And they work from dusk til dawn, but I have had some romantic ideas about the farm life myself so I can relate to what you are saying.