Friday, September 19, 2008

A wedding for Tom

It is strange how time change. How you go from pitch black and white to some sort of gray scale.
An old friend accidentally reminded me of an old favorite singer that I had forgotten.
I remember when i bought his record, I was strolling down the shop street of Gothenburg and I had some time to kill so I went in to a record store. There is was a record that was quite modest. It was a picture in black en white (ahh nice symbolism) of a guy. I ask to listen to it and ahhh was blown away. I never get that blown away nowadays. It was soft music with hard lyrics that pinched me right in my adolescent soul. No one I knew at the time had ever heard of him, his name was Tom Mcrae. I kept him secret, he was only for me, and a swore a pact with myself that I would marry the first guy that new of Tom Mcrae....
It was that simple back then, if they knew and liked Tom Mcrae then they must be like me, know me, feel me.
I remember my dissapointment when it turned out that my new found boyfriend didn't knew of Tom. It ended our relationship, me and my boyfriends, maybe not becaus of that, but it had definatly something to do with it.
We, me and that ex are best friends now eventhough this was about 5 years ago, and we have talked about my black and whiteness after that. It was frightening for him, my eagerness to judge people only on their music taste. I'm not like that anymore. Still I miss that sometimes, life was so romantic back then. So much broken hearts and melancholy, so much tears so refreshing.
Life is good today, I have noticed that there is so much more to a guy then music, but I still miss it sometimes.

Written under the Influence of Tom Mcrae - first album

No comments: