Sunday, May 4, 2008

Babies and all the hazzle

I always been afraid and slightly bored about the idea of having children. Ok they might be nice to look at when they are asleep, but while awake hmm, what to do with them.
A while ago i really detested the idea of children so to change it I started to work as a kindergarden teacher. And yeah I have to say it was a really fun job, especially when i could do some sociological test on them, and pretend that i was God.
To some boys who refused to play with girls, I told them that i was a boy. They got very confused and didn't really know what to think of me (well you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I hope i thought them that). Just because I have a girl name and have long hair doesn't necessary mean that I'm a girl.
One other time i told some kids that i could talk with the animals, we went to a farm and they asked me what the animals said (couldn't really spoil their amazement, and it was a nice feeling to be able to speak with the animals). Best was when we where in at the chickens and they smelled like crazy, I told the kids that the chickens didn't want us there anymore and that we had to leave (haven't been easier to make children obey me as that time).
So children turned out to be fun, although there was tiring moments as well. I was always so tired at morning so i sat down with a kid and gave it a puzzle (it took ages for them to solve it, they were not that smart when it comes to puzzles, not even when there was only four pieces!!) and then i usually fell asleep for a while, by the time i woke up they were still trying to solved it. Sometimes though the children gossiped on me and told some teacher that I was sleeping....hmm!

Ok long paragraph there just to get to the end statement, because now I'm back in the idea that children is not that fun to have around, but i started to watch this documentary show on SVT about midwifes on a Swedish hospital (a very nice show) and last episode I even cried when they delivered a little "it". But then i saw a mom with awful stretch marks on her belly and all my maternal feelings were gone with the wind.

It will take a while until I'm fully prepared for one of those small things. I guess that is a good thing, for both me and that little person.

Written under the influence of The Maccabees - Precious Time

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Oh, girl, you are very funny.
:-)
Pearl