Sunday, March 9, 2008

A study in filth

I think Warsaw is a nice place, believe me I do, but this last weekend has been a study in filth.

I decided to go to a coffee house and drink a cup of tea, to spark things up a bit I also bought a carrot cake to my tea. Apart from the normal ingredients in a carrot cake there were also one lettuce leaf, one fly and to top it off, one string of hair; light blond (I didn’t finish the cake).

Then I went out, and I had a really good time apart from a fight with some guys, me being a pacifist and all, but when there is three guys taking up the whole dance floor pushing each other around and jumping, well that’s where my pacifism stops. Anyway when going in to the toilet at the club this was what awaited me.


Thinking about the filth I meet the last couple of days brought me back to the very beginning of my stay here, at the student dorm Zamenhofa 10 A. Together with around 300 people we lived side by side with the biggest population of cockroaches I have ever seen. I started my stay in Poland being afraid of bugs but it was impossible after a while to continue being it.
Every time I cooked dinner I had to perform the cockroach dance it consisted of trying to kill as many cockroaches as possible by stepping at them. The floor started off as blue but after cooking dinner, the floor was black around me.
One day I was going to wake up a friend of mine all of a sudden while sleeping his nose seemed to grow, I soon realized that it was a cockroach that was happily walking on his pillow, just passing his nose. Instead of quietly waking him up, I started screaming and him to; the cockroach must have thought he was at an amusement park because he flew several yards in the air before landing.

Written under the influence of pure, plain and simple disgust

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You visit the wrong places in Warsaw. ;)